Opening Ceremonies were held at Soldier Field on May 3, with the track and field events taking place at Dunbar Park on May 9-11. Our team was led by coaches Joe Loisi, Vanessa Vazquez, Jesus Paniagua, and Ken Dobert. The team sported new track suits thanks to fundraising efforts by Yolanda Orta and Maria Ovalle.
Final results included:
- Lamarion Aldridge - 1st place: 50M run & long jump
- Tatyana Branch - 5th place: softball throw
- Jose Gomez - 4th place: 30M wheelchair race
- Sara Guzman - 5th place in the softball throw
- Evelyn Pruitt - 1st place: 50M run & softball throw
- Eric Reed - 3rd place: 50M run & 6th place: long jump
- Edwin Toc - 2nd place: shot put & 3rd place: 100M run
- Kimberly Urbina - 1st place: softball throw & 50M run
- Jasmin Washington - 4th place: softball throw & 50M run
Great job, Condors!