Curie AVID Program Facts 2017
AVID Program Total Membership: 291 Students
9th Grade-59 Students 10th Grade-82 Students
11th Grade-71 Students 12th Grade-79 Students
Increased Enrollment in Advanced Placement/Honors Courses
• 100% of the freshmen are enrolled in one or more honors courses; 80% of sophomores are enrolled in one or more honors courses; 60% of juniors are enrolled in one or more honors courses; 66% of seniors are enrolled in one or more honors courses.
• 47% of seniors are enrolled in one Advanced Placement course; 24% are enrolled in 2 AP courses; 7% are enrolled in 3 AP courses.
• 43% of juniors are enrolled in 1 Advanced Placement course; 26% are enrolled in 2 AP courses; 2% are enrolled in 3 AP courses.
• 15% of sophomores are enrolled in 1 Advanced Placement courses.
Improved Student Study Habits/Time Spent Studying
• AVID students participate in 100 minutes of tutorials led by trained AVID tutors per week.
• 2450 Minutes/41 Hours of tutorials sessions year to date each grade level. Overall total: 9800 minutes/164 hours of tutorials conducted for grades 9-12
• AVID students are required to maintain organized binders and participate in binder evaluations conducted by AVID tutors and elective teachers
Student participation in college planning activities, including completion of college applications
• Admission Presentation from UIC, NIU, ISU, NEIU, SIU for 11th and 12 grade.
Completion of application for financial assistance
• 96% AVID seniors have completed FAFSA
Persistence in school
TRIO-Upward Bound and Education Talent Search Programs
Chicago Scholars Program
Summer B.R.I.D.G.E of Wheaton College
Summer Institute of Washington University in St. Louis
Women in Engineering Summer Program at UIC
UIC Chance Program: National Summer Transportation Institute
Dual Credit-CCC Dual Credit Program
Junior Achievement of Chicago
One 11th and Twelve 12th Grade enrolled in Daley College Dual Credit Course(s) in Math 118; English 101; and World Civilizations 141
Increased Applications to College/University
• 91% of Avid seniors have applied to 4 year college/university or 2 year college
Increased Percentage of Students Applying for College Financial Aid
• 96% of Avid seniors have completed FAFSA
Increased Acceptance to a 4-year College/University (or 2-year college if plan is to transfer to complete baccalaureate degree)
• 78% of Avid seniors have been accepted into 4 year college/university or 2 year college.
Top Colleges/University Acceptances
Northeastern Illinois University; St. Xavier University; University of Illinois at Chicago, DePaul University; Northern Illinois University; Illinois State University and University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign
All Colleges/Universities AVID Seniors have applied to and been accepted
Loyola University; DePaul University, UIC, NIU, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, St. Xavier University, Roosevelt University, Lewis University, EIU, WIU, NEIU, Iowa, West Virginia University, University of Nevada in Las Vegas, ISU, North Park University, National Louis University; Alaska Pacific University, SIU, Upper Iowa University; MacMurray College; Marquette University, Washington University in St. Louis; Concordia University Chicago, Knox College, Lake Forest College, Trinity College, Monmouth College, Lawrence University, Carthage College, University of Toledo, Elmhurst College, North Central College; Columbia College, Western Michigan University; Alabama A & M, Benedictine University; Grand Valley State, City Colleges of Chicago—Harold Washington, Malcom X, Daley, Truman, Wright, Kennedy-King, and Olive Harvey; Triton College, Morton College, Moraine Valley
Total Scholarship Monies Awarded AVID Class of 2017