AVID Student Profile
- AVID students who are usually within the academic middle to upper middle have the potential for Honor and AP (Advanced Placement) classes, but need to develop the skills needed to be successful in such rigorous courses.
- AVID students are exposed to rigorous classes with support that includes the student's individual determination and the support of teachers, AVID tutors, other AVID students, and their families.
- AVID students are dedicated to coming to school and being there on time because of their strong motivation to succeed and to attend college.
- AVID students may be first generation college students.
- AVID students demonstrate good citizenship skills and good behavior inside and outside the classroom.